Leeds and Skyrack Lions Club is now inviting new members to help with raising money for local needs and charities and to join in the strong club social programme that bonds the club together in friendship. Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest voluntary service organisation and is a group of men and women who identify needs within the community and work together to fulfil those needs. Since 1917, Lions clubs have aided the blind and visually impaired and made a strong commitment to community service and serving youth throughout the world.
the Club was Formed: 1952 Twinned: Bad Sooden Alendorf and Eschwege (Daughter club) Germany
Lions Clubs are an International network of men and women who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities across the world. Lions are Members of the worlds largest and most active service club organisation.
- There are currently 1.3 million members in over 46,000 clubs in 205 countries.
- Men and women who believe that by working together they will accomplish far more than would be possible as individuals.
- Members are committed to solving worldwide health and social problems, and who realise that solutions are possible when every Lions Club participates.
- People who cherish the fellowship of their own Club, but who also feel a close kinship with Lions in 205 countries throughout the world.
- Individuals are dedicated to maintaining the highest ethical and moral standards in their Club and in their personal lives.
- People who are serious about their commitment to humanitarian service, but have fun along the way.
We cover all the costs of running our club from our own subscriptions, ensuring that all donated funds go to needy causes. Transparency and accountability operate at every level, in fact, The Financial Times has ranked Lions Clubs International as the best among non-government organisations worldwide with which to work.
We are proud that our organisation is a century old, and that it has a distinguished history of doing good works for the world. Local communities respect and trust their clubs, both because those clubs are made up of neighbours and friends who have a long record of support, and because of the Lions Clubs International name and legacy.
We have fun in our club and when we meet fellow Lions for the first time, we treat them like old friends. When you join Lions, you join a global service network. So at the same time you are helping your own community locally, you can also contribute to Lions community efforts in other countries.
The Lions motto is simple but life changing: We Serve
The Leeds and Skyrack Lions Club meets on the second Thursday of each month at the New Headingley Club, 56 St Michaels Road, Leeds LS6 3BG. For more information or to get involved with the Leeds and Skyrack Lions Club please telephone or email Lion President Peter Sandeman, T: 0113 266 3324 or E: email@example.com.
Please call ahead of visiting as sometimes we have to change meeting dates at short notice and we don’t want you to have a wasted trip.
Leeds & Skyrack Lions Club is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). We are registered with the Charity Commission and our Charity Number is 1181586.